I have a new ritual during the dark of the moon and the full moon to soothe the soul. A little candlelight and imagine taking in the light of the full moon and dark moon for balance. The moon's light is the one that does not burn.
Here's my little Moon Magic treat.
with permission from Loveshovel
1 cup nut milk (store-bought or homemade)
1 dropperful Ashwaganda tincture
Small chunk of Cacao butter (or 1 Tbsp coconut oil)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
a pinch of salt
Splash of agave
1/4 cup Lavender water
1. Put the 1 Tbsp lavender flowers, cover with 1/4 cup of hot water. Let steep for 15 minutes.
2. In a blender, combine Cacao butter, ashwaganda tincture, salt, cinnamon, and a splash of agave in a blender.
3. Put the cup of nut milk in a pot, begin to heat.
4. Put the blended mixture in the warmed milk.
5. Strain the lavender water. Add to warmed milk and heat through. Keep on low heat so the milk doesn't burn.
6. Heat the milk until it is warm, then blend again on high until it is frothy (optional).
Lavender and Ashwaganda are perfect for relaxing and sweet dreams. Rose promotes calm and self-love.
Dark Moon Cookies
2/3 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup cashews, almonds, or walnuts
1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
Raw Cacao Powder (optional)
1. Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
2. If the "dough" is a bit dry, add 1/2 tsp of water at a time, pulsing each time, until you get a doughlike consistency.
3. Roll into 1 Tbsp. balls, dust with raw cacao powder, and store in the fridge
If you incorporate the recipes into a ritual...let me know! I'd love to hear about your magical ways.
Mug by Cauldron & Hive